Re: [OM] OM-2S

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 07:22:39 -0600
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 7:01 AM,  <NSURIT@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> In a message dated 11/23/2010 8:27:43 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> bs.pearce@xxxxxxx writes:
>
> My last  or more correctly most recently purchased OM is a 2s. I got it from
> a guy I  know that had it form many years but didn't use it much at all. I
> recovered  it with new leather and sent it off to John for oil and
> adjustment. It was  my most favorite film camera after the hasselblad. No
> way
> will I get rid of  it!
>

> Yes, that is why I have several on hand. It is my "go to" camera.   Bill
> Barber

I used to have 3.  I got rid of one that I picked up as part of a
package.  Spent quite a bit of money on it and could never quite get
the prism/viewfinder right.  When the meter went all goofy, I finally
donated it to John H. for parts. Like a Salvation Army captain, I felt
that deep down all OM-2Ses were good and could be saved, but I was
wrong on that one.

It ran counter to my belief that virtually all of the 2S's in use had
successfully "burned in" and would be reliable.  My other two work
well though.  One is well-worn but feels just right.  The other is a
beauty queen that nevertheless fell in the river at Yosemite once.  I
said "shucks" and "darn" and few words like that but got it
successfully dried out.  Works perfectly and is beautiful.  I use it
to provoke Ken (which is not hard to do).

Joel W.