[OM] OT - A snippit from our lives as of late

Subject: [OM] OT - A snippit from our lives as of late
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 20:35:10 +1300
Chris and Chuck wrote

> And the native indians were omitted from the Constitution for rights, as I
> understood it from my study of US politics at school.
>
> Chris
>
> On 21 Nov 2010, at 22:04, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>
> > The raw deals (plural) the Meskwaki got were begun by the French.  We
> > other natives didn't join in until much later.
> >
> > Chuck Norcutt
> > who is part Mohawk via an Indian maiden and a French fur trapper named
> > Proulx... a difficult combination for living in a New England village.

The little I have read on this general topic comes from "Bury my Heart at
Wounded Knee" by Dee Brown, and another quite heavy book, written in the
late 1800's or early 1900's by a european woman, who goes chapter and
verse into all the treatment handed out to the North American Indians. I have
just spent nearly half an hour fruitlessly looking for it - clearly I have to
improve the cataloguing and filing of my collection of books  :-((

It would have been a very rare book but that for it has been reprinted many
times, such is its worth.

Brian Swale.