Re: [OM] Deconstructing photo gear [Moose's new toy]

Subject: Re: [OM] Deconstructing photo gear [Moose's new toy]
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 07:09:15 +0000
Thanks for that summary of tests and results, Moose.

I'm really glad that you have found a useful tool; I see that it was joint
first in a "Compact Shootout" on DPR.

I would have worried about the size of the sensor vs the megapixels (50mp/cm2
according to DPR), but the results, as you say, are impressive.

On 15 Nov 2010, at 06:30, Moose wrote:

> 64. The girl who has been watching me whenever I'm in sight finally finds a
> way to engage her fascination with me and my
> camera. She bobs and weaves around while exhorting me "Take my picture!"
> Every time it spears I may actually do so, up
> comes the frisbee. I appears her name is Erina and she was born in 2002.
>
> 68. Having dealt with me in her own way, Erina is free to pay full attention
> to her companion.

These are delightful shots, albeit a little risky for New Zealanders.  However,
I am interested to note that the older girl's arm shows speckling at anything
other than the normal magnification; I zoom my screen and see strange colours
appear in the skin.

> 69. Light or dark?
Light

I note your requirement for long telephoto in the lens, but I am reasonably
happy with my short zooms (LX3 and G12).  However, I will go for the tele
converter for the G12, when I can find one at a reasonable price.