Re: [OM] IMG: An Occasional (Former) Flower on Friday

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: An Occasional (Former) Flower on Friday
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:53:12 -0500
  I did a little Googling and found a number of reasons why Dogwoods may not
bloom:

    1. Young trees may not bloom much the first few years.

    2. Amount of sunlight: Dogwoods are adapted to grow in the shaded
understory so they bloom best/most when they live in the shade.

    3. Dogwoods perform best in soil with a pH of 5.2-6.0 so as Roland
Alston says in his drawl "Git that soil tested".

    4. If in poor soil fertilize (duh).

   5. Dogwoods require about 1 inch (2.54 cm) water per week.

Good luck next year Chris.

Charlie