[OM] IMG: fall sunset on river

Subject: [OM] IMG: fall sunset on river
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:28:40 -0600
Gorgeous day yesterday with a lovely ending:

http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox/index.html

Rocks in the foreground are actually a vestige of an old bit of paving
that was built into the river to lower carts closer to ice back in the
days of ice houses and ice boxes.  We don't see this bit of road
unless the river is quite low.  I climbed down the bank to the water
level to get this shot.  The sunset initially didn't look like it was
going to be much.  I took a couple of the sun ball dropping through
the trees both with and without a ND grad filter on digits and film.
Then the clouds started to pink up.  Good to wait around a bit.

Joel W.