Re: [OM] IMG: Fruit on Cleveland Pear

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Fruit on Cleveland Pear
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:19:20 -0500
Hi Chuck,

We have an older Bradford, and a more recently planted Cleveland.  The
Bradford has a few of the "fruitlets", for lack of a better word, but the
clusters on the Cleveland this year are larger and more plentiful.  Your
image resembles what I usually see on the Bradford.  The image that I posted
shows the Cleveland variety.

I'm inclined to agree with Charlie G.'s response.  They are managing to
cross-polinate and regain some of their characteristics that were taken
away.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA