[OM] (OM) Graphite powder in the thread of a jamming filter

Subject: [OM] (OM) Graphite powder in the thread of a jamming filter
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 16:58:14 +1300
I carefully puffed some graphite powder on to a flat surface and picked up
small amounts with the tip of a fine brush. Then I applied it to the thread on
the front ring of the lens.

I screwed the filter on, then off, and blew the surplus powder away. Probably
out of the thread as well so I applied some more.

The filter uses only about 1/3rd of the available thread, thank goodness.

I seemed a little easier to remove the filter when jammed, but not much
easier. Applying traction on the rotating ring of the circ-pol filter seemed to
help a little, as did using 4 fingers on the threaded ring to apply rotational
force. Lens held between my knees.

Jury still out.

Brian Swale. Daytime phone +64 03 449 2277
  http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/
  http://www.brianswale.com
           Mobile 021 143 4249
73 Fache Street, Clyde 9330, New Zealand