Re: [OM] Anyone using ADOX film?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone using ADOX film?
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 03:24:21 -0400
Thanks Bill. I need to start participating in the OM list more too. The last
month or so has been bad for me, photographically speaking. I have only gone
out shooting once in the last 6 weeks :(

My schoolwork this semester has been pretty demanding, and I just moved into
a much nicer apartment that's requiring me to take on more commercial work
to pay the bills. My old place was in horrible condition and was infested
with centipedes. Lived there a year cause its all I could afford but I'm
doing better now and could afford to get a decent place for us. My car's
transmission died a few weeks ago too and after finding a used one I have
been working on installing it myself, which has not been fun :( I hate
working on cars, but I hate paying mechanics even more. LOL! I need the car
fairy to bring me a new one :D

On top of that, a couple weeks ago I took a close friend to the hospital at
2am one night because she was really sick and refused to go to the doctor. I
went to her house and made her go to the ER. She had a kidney infection that
spread to her heart and lungs. Doctor said another day and she'd have died!
She's out of the hospital but physically weak so I have been taking her to
doctors appointments and she had to have surgery to remove a very large
kidney stone (which triggered all this to begin with) today. Life's been
busy!

I'm finally caught up in my schoolwork and have earned some money to pay my
rent next month so I am about to go do some new photography. I just got a
box from Calumet with some 35mm slide film. Want to shoot some color! I went
last week to the local camera store and discovered that the only slide film
they have is all a year out of date! No one buys it anymore, they say. Just
me! So, I ordered it in. Hoping for good light this weekend, I am dying to
go out with a camera....

If you do get any of the Efke film and want to use Rodinal, check out my
developing times:

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/technical/developing.php

These are my tested Developing times with the different films I have used. I
have times on there for Efke 100 in D-76 and Rodinal. I need to add the PMK
times. I haven't used that developer in a long time, so I need to dig up my
notes for it.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography