Re: [OM] apple, et al

Subject: Re: [OM] apple, et al
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:15:04 -0500
> That statement is a back-handed insult, by definition. I'd say their products
> do all of what the competition does and more.

Adobe Flash...
Industry standard USB port...
The fact that the iThings are expensive bricks without a host computer
to run iTunes...
Inability to type ASCII characters (extended character set), Ctrl, Alt keys...

Those are four items that come to mind immediately as they apply to the iThings.

It is true that there really is no competive product to the iPad
today, but that's just a matter of a short time. The Droid platform
currently lacks in app count, but those devices can do everything
iThing and more. Some teething issues, but the iPhone had them too.

AG