Re: [OM] Vertrise

Subject: Re: [OM] Vertrise
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 18:58:16 -0500
Bob, as an alternative, you can download the computer version of "The
Photographer's Ephemeris" here:

http://photoephemeris.com/

Highly recommended! A Schnozz 4.75 out of 5 lenscaps.

I will say, though, that it will take a couple months to get your chops.

I was looking at my GPS and realized it has some assistance for those
who don't want to deal with modern technology. My Garmin eTrex Visa
has a menu option worth using. If you access the Main Menu,
Accessories, Sun & Moon, you get sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
times as well as a compass rose showing the current position of both
the moon and sun. It allows you to adjust the time and date as well as
location anywhere in the world.

I am a firm believer that every serious outdoor photographer should
have a GPS and the knowledge of how to use it.

AG Schnozz