[OM] What to buy for architectural photography at a budget?

Subject: [OM] What to buy for architectural photography at a budget?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:34:24 -0400
JK writes:

"dxo is a wonderful software solution IF it has a lens profile for the
lens. Several times I have asked them  about creating profiles for
Olympus lens on a Canon body or for profiles for shift lenses (where
the
light loss in not necessarily around the middle of the frame) but so
far
no joy :-((..."

That would be very nice if they would ,but they like all the data in
the exif.
One would have to be compulsive with a chipped adapter to put in the
data.  Some of their aberration
corrections even do better with the focus distance known.  A brief look
showed a few profiles for T-S lenses in CS5 that
would likely do what you like---they work for 0 shift-tilt but still
are OK for a few degrees.  i would bet you could
roll your own, but it would be a ton of busy work--please post if you
do. :-)  Someone must have worked out how to swap the profiles out for
different
shift amounts, but I have not investigated.

Lens profile creator:
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lensprofile_creator/

Mike