Re: [OM] Entering Competitions. Why?

Subject: Re: [OM] Entering Competitions. Why?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 10:15:15 -0500
Having seen the result of local competitions, it is plainly obvious that
they reward mediocrity. Each time I see results, I see a flood of what we
used to call funeral home calendar pictures. But then I look at the judges.

And why shoud we turn photography in to a competitive sport? Are we looking
to the day when Bridge and Ballroom Dancing become Olympic sports so then we
can apply for the gold in photography? I for one would welcome the time to
sit down with a portfolio and a regarded photographer for a critique, but a
competition?

Bill Pearce