Re: [OM] camera recommendation for a student

Subject: Re: [OM] camera recommendation for a student
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:34:47 -0400
Best advice I've ever heard: Buy good glass. The bodies are disposable. This,
of course, refers to digital. And not all of them. My D3 is not disposable. A
Canon 5D MKII is not disposable. But entry-level Nikons and Canons are. They
come out with new ones every six days. I'd advise spending money on glass,
Canon or Nikon, and getting a good entry level body to go with them. That way
as her interests and talents grow, she can move up the body food chain. If they
don't, she can sell the glass for decent prices.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com