Re: [OM] Late Friday Flower

Subject: Re: [OM] Late Friday Flower
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:50:16 -0700
  On 10/11/2010 5:09 AM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Moose<olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Sure. And yet - it's avoidable. Exposure compensation is there for reasons,
>> and bright red, orange and/or yellow flowers is one of them. ;-)
> And yet I think it needs to be blown a bit to look right.  Reds more so than
> yellows.  Just my preference though.

Yeah, I'm not convinced. It's not so much the colors; they often look fine. For
me, it's the detail. Flower petals have
surface detail and vascular detail, that shows slightly when front lit and a
lot when back lit. Letting the red channel
blow wipes out that detail. You end up with pig areas of just one color.

I prefer to at least try to avoid blown reds, then make sure the color is 'in
you face' enough in post.

Moose