Re: [OM] Digital Event shooting - Finding the right equipment balance

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Event shooting - Finding the right equipment balance
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:11:01 -0500
Oops, Sorry Chuck, I wasn't clear enough.

Four cameras? That would be suicidal.  :)

No, the point I was trying to make is two distinctly different kits that
accomplish the same task. This is an either/or, not both. Two cameras is all
I want to carry.  Hybrid film/digital shoots are too difficult to do because
it requires a third camera--unless...

The 14-50 lens, just like the 14-54 I had before it, is a near-perfect
monolens for event shooting. The DZ 12-60 is also outstanding and is a touch
wider and a touch longer and a touch faster AF, but not faster in aperture.
The 12-60 is also a heavy lens with a slightly nose-heavy CG which makes it
not so easy to hold...

So, the 14-50 lives nicely on either the L1 or the E-1 and for my alternate
film shooting, the number-one logical choice is the 50/1.4 on an OM body.
I'd prefer to use the OM-3Ti, but multiple-camera handling is fraught with
banging and scratching, so I'd rather use the OM-2S or OM-4T which are a bit
more "experienced" looking.
I will admit that the L1 on the neck works out pretty well and is a
comfortable pairing to an OM camera.

AG