Re: [OM] Head Pounding Moment

Subject: Re: [OM] Head Pounding Moment
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 09:41:13 +1100

> Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> The apparent reason is to soak as much money out of the happy couple and
> families in order to ensure that they embark on family life crippled by
> debt. Doesn't all seem to make any sense otherwise.
> I've seen people spend an amount on the wedding that would have made a
> deposit on a first home.

Yeah, I think that's how it works.  My daughter was married almost a year ago,
I got to see most of the costs (and pay them !), however the cost of the bridal
gown and accessories was witheld by my wife (and I guess she paid for them),
she at least recognised that I would consider the cost OTT.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com