Re: [OM] New battery / memory card for E-P1

Subject: Re: [OM] New battery / memory card for E-P1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:25:50 -0400
I don't know anything about the seller but it's the first link I found
in looking for the Energizer ER-D515 which is Energizer's equivalent to
the Olympus BLS-1.  Poorly constructed lithium-ion batteries can be fire
or explosion hazards.  You can't tell without destructively taking them
apart so your only real protection is the reputation of the
manufacturer.  So buy brand name when buying lithium-ion.
<http://www.brandnamebatteries.com/usa/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=ER-D515>

Some caution may be advised here.  I don't know the seller and the price
is less than I would have expected for an Energizer battery.  I have an
Energizer for my Canon 5D and it has performed well.  Both the Canon and
Energizer batteries date from May 2006 which is longer life than I
expected from either and both are still going strong.

Chuck Norcutt