Re: [OM] (OM) Romance of Film

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Romance of Film
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 00:01:10 +1300
Moose wrote

> Ctein.
>
> Wow! I lied unintentionally through a memory fart. I DID buy another
> photographer's image not long ago, a dye transfer print by Ctein through
> TOP's special offer. Now where the heck did I put it for safekeeping? Ah,
> there it is.  Although I've seen several Ctein images on the web, I've
> only seen this one print in person, Competing Ferns
> <http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncat
> egorized/20 08/10/09/competing_ferns_small.jpg>

I don't wish to rain on anybody's parade, but speaking as a person who has
spent more than the average working with ferns ( and not having seen that
actual species) I find the colour saturation a trifle over the top.

However, I do recognise that for selling to the masses, or perhaps for the
creation of 'art', such ( presumed on my part) exaggeration may be justified
in the spirit of poetic licence..

Brian Swale.