Re: [OM] Longevity of computing devices, was More Memory (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Longevity of computing devices, was More Memory (OT)
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:33:32 -0500
Charlie,

In the 1980s, I can't recall the exact date, the USAF bought Xerox Star
workstations and networked them at Arnold Engineering Development Center.
My secretary used one exclusively.  I only observed the interface, and never
used a Mac, but the interface of the Star certainly was quite similar to the
Mac and, later, Windows.  At the time, I was still struggling with DOS.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA