[OM] My computer setup

Subject: [OM] My computer setup
From: Johan Malmström <jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:49:19 +0200
There has been a lot of talk about Mac OS X and Photoshop, memmory
requirements etc.

For my photo-related work I use an 2005 PowerMac G5 2x1.8MHz with 1.5
GB RAM.
Photoshop CS works very nice on that computer,  I use the Olympus
Master software that came with E-1 to develop the RAWs and VueScan to
my Epson Scanner.

I'm very happy with that setup. I could not justify buying any new
computer, and having to upgrade Photoshop to the Intelversion etc etc.
Just not worth the money.

Anna and Ida use our Intel MacMini with iPhoto which seems to works
well for them. For my day to day social contacts I use the iPad. I'm
writing this on my MacBook Pro (version 1,1) but I'm selling it when
I'm finished with what I'm doing now, finishing up some 8 years late
work.

/ Johan