Re: [OM] Male Eastern Tailed Blue

Subject: Re: [OM] Male Eastern Tailed Blue
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 17:43:02 -0400
Thanks Charlie.  I would characterize it as smidgy --prolly 3/4 inch or
so.  About 40% of the image was cropped as the lens only
goes to 1:2 at 180mm.  The working distance is great for critters.  I
wish sigma had reissues their 180 with IS instead of the 150, but I
would bet the 150 would be very nice.  The bokeh on viv s1 90-180 is
very good despite being a zoom.  It is cool to be able to frame by
zooming and it works well
for the bigger guys such as the fritillaries.  The stop down metering
is not easy though for this activity.  Nonetheless, I think my batting
average wasn't that much lower than one guy with the new Canyon 100mm
macro with IS and I liked the rendering of that Viv S1 better.

http://www.massaudubon.org/butterflyatlas/index.php?id=112

Thanks for looking.
Mike

  That's a beautiful butterfly Mike. How big (or small) is it?

Charlie