[OM] IMGs: butterflies, flowers, and other images to wrap up summer

Subject: [OM] IMGs: butterflies, flowers, and other images to wrap up summer
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:52:02 -0400
Really enjoyed the status update and studied them.  Our hybrid
daylilies  did quite well though the season was 2-3 weeks accelerated
due to the hot weather.  We like the to get the State Fair mix zinnias
and Monarchs seem to like 'em too.  Particularly gorgeous capture of
the Black Swallowtail on a thistle.  They tend to take off in a quick
linear pattern unlike Monarchs and can be uncooperative.  I let 13 of
their caterpillars devour our parsley  but they still refused to pose.
Mike

Joel W writes:
Flowers are almost all from our yard -- requisite catalog of lilies
(status update for Mike) and then zinnias later.  We planted zinnias
last year from packaged seed and then gathered the seed that became
this year's crop.  They seemed smaller the second time around, but
that could be the weather.

The monarchs like the zinnias and worked them pretty thoroughly over
the last month.  The non-monarch fellow was caught on a lonely country
road.  Couple landscapes I've posted before.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/7734758/1/butterfly?h=b185be

Cameras were E-3 and E-410.