[OM] Will Olympus use a X3 Sigma sensor in their new forthcoming MTF cam

Subject: [OM] Will Olympus use a X3 Sigma sensor in their new forthcoming MTF camera?
From: David Irisarri <zuiko3000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:03:56 -0400
Hi all,

I know I have mentioned this before but I don´t know if all of you are so
excited about this X3 sensor like me. I have searched through the web but I
wasn´t able to find any demo image from this camera. It seems Sigma has only
shown printed images at Photokina and they are quite impressive.

http://www.digitalphotographywriter.com/2010/09/sigma-sd1-sample-image-prints-at-sigma.html

I have the strange feeling Olympus will switch to X3 Sigma sensor very soon.
It seems Sigma is using Olympus 11-point twin-cross AF system technology in
their new SD1. I won´t be surprised if OLYMPUS had to share their tech with
SIGMA in order to benefit from this technology. Exactly the same they did
with SSWF with Panasonic in order to use Panasonic Live MOS sensors in their
cameras.

SIGMA is inside FT. Does anybody know what are the requirements for entering
inside Fourthirds System? Leica didn´t want to enter inside FT. Why? Do they
have to share any tech?

Obviosuly we won´t see any Olympus camera until Sigma has started to sell
their new SD1 camera.

Anyone has heard something about X3 sensor being used in Olympus cameras?
Olympus seems to be really quiet. They didn´t announced anything in
Photokina. Oh yeah I forgot it, a mock-up.

Regards,

Dave