Re: [OM] More Memory (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] More Memory (OT)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 08:41:40 -0700
> From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> That's not normal, Jan.  I operated my iMac (2008 2.8GHz model) for 2 years
> with only 2Gb of RAM installed and I never had Aperture lock up.

I suspect you weren't importing 1.5GB drum scans of 4"x5" film?

Even if not, when I upgraded to Aperture 3, it spent literally days going
through my ~50,000 images, trying to identify faces! That did cause things to
thrash when I was trying to do other things while it was working.

If Aperture is the only thing running, it limps along on 4 gigs. When I have
email, a dozen web browser windows open, and Photoshop, things geeeeettttt
rrrrreeeaaaalllllyyyy sssssllllllooooowwww......