Re: [OM] Sony A55

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony A55
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:00:13 -0500
Meh, replace "A55" with "GH1" and that "review" is still about 90% accurate.
 The sweep panorama mode does sound pretty cool though.
I'd hang onto your 5D for a bit Chuck, from what I've seen, image output has
not improved all that drastically since that camera was introduced.

>I have a different view of the Sony A55 after reading this mini review
in the New York Times.  I don't think I'd buy one but it does tell me
that technology is changing cameras so fast now that I'm going to wait
quite some time before thinking about moving on from my 5D.  Probably
after the 5D has become near worthless.  But I suspect what I might be
able to buy in 2 or 3 years I might not even be able to imagine right
now.   :-)

<
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/23/technology/personaltech/23pogue.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=technology

Chuck Norcutt