[OM] Went to a new home--sorta

Subject: [OM] Went to a new home--sorta
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 07:28:04 -0700 (PDT)
Instead of buying them a real camera, he hands them down a cheap plastic toy,
whada cheapskate...

Boris

DD#2 (dear daughter number two) just turned twelve today. DD#1 is a year
older. Both have inherited the creative genes from both parents.
(fortunately, the behavior genes of just their mother).

Since getting the DMC-L1, the question has been what to do with the Minolta
A1. I really haven't used it much but it offers some advantages under
certain circumstances (as well as a pretty potent video capability) that I
can't bear to part with it for the pittance it would bring.

Therefore, the camera is now the possession of the girls for their use and
creativity with the caveat that I get to borrow it once in a while. They've
both been using it a bit already and have been quite productive with it.
Freeing them from the constraints of limited time with the camera should be
a good thing.

My wife was a little shocked as I hadn't fully communicated this with her
and she was hoping to get something out of it. But sometimes you just have
to draw the line and recognize that it serves greater value than what little
money it would bring.

Now, I'm looking forward to the results. They've prittner wore out their
pocket cameras and have pushed them to the limits. I emphasized that the A1
wasn't a replacement to their cameras, but a serious upgrade in
capabilities.

One thing, however. I'm not particularly a fan of UV filters, but I'll put
one on that camera.

AG