Re: [OM] 46 megapixel 24×16mm APS-C X3 Full-colour image sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] 46 megapixel 24×16mm APS-C X3 Full-colour image sensor
From: David Irisarri <zuiko3000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 21:36:40 -0400
OMG!!! Have a look to this.

http://www.43rumors.com/photokina-news-sigma-surprise-finepix-x100-for-1-000-only/

1) It looks like Sigma is working together with Olympus. Nagy (one of
our readers) had an intuition: “Look at the reflection of the matte
screen in Sigma SD1!
http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/news/img/SD1-front.jpg. The
autofocus system features an 11 point twin cross sensor. The shifted
twin cross type sensor improves AF accuracy. It is absolutely the same
specifications as the Olympus E-3/E-5 AF modul. Did they buy an AF
modul from Olympus?“. Or did both buy the AF module from the same
third-party manufactor?

2) According to two of our sources Olympus is testing foveon sensors
on their PEN prototypes. And Sigma is part of the FourThirds
“coalition”.

It would be awesome to see a X3 inside a PEN camera.

Dave