Re: [OM] Linux/PhotoShop question

Subject: Re: [OM] Linux/PhotoShop question
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:17:19 -0300
I did so some time ago (maybe two years ago ... )

Never used it, last July I didn't install it at all.
See:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_color_management>

"Historically, color management was not an initial design
consideration of the X11 display system on which much of Linux
graphics support rests, and thus color managed workflows have been
somewhat more challenging to implement on Linux than under OS's such
as Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X. This situation is now being
progressively remedied, however it must be admitted that color
management under Linux, while functional, has not yet acquired mature
status. Although it is now possible to obtain a very consistent color
management workflow under Linux, certain problems still remain:

    * The absence of a central user control panel for color settings.
    * Many hardware devices for color calibration lack drivers and
proper supporting software on Linux.
    * Some necessary software such as LUT loaders can seldom be found
in the package repositories of even the major Linux distributions."

I bet you already knew about this :-)

Fernando.