Re: [OM] So I finally tried an E-P2...

Subject: Re: [OM] So I finally tried an E-P2...
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:36:39 +0200
Manuel, you make some good points. I was simply hoping (keeping the
technological
advances of the past 30 years, and specifically the past decade on the
digital side)
in mind, that an E-P2 could make an OM user happy.

Apart from quite good resulting images, I don't see how any regular OM
user would not
be permanently frustrated by that "toy" of a camera body. I don't
think it's that
unfair to compare, though. With much less cost than an OM body's glass
prisms etc,
they could have made the electronic finder bigger and/or better I
believe. They could
have made the thing a bit more substantial, i.e. not entirely of
painted plastic, save
for a metal panel they tacked onto the plastic.

They could have made it a bit more responsive, i.e. at the same level
as a DSLR of 8
years ago would be fine.

No - it's a serious disappointment, and thoroughly belongs in the
"point and shoot"
corner, for people who are used to unresponsive cameras. If you
recall, the 17mm "pancake"
kit lens is also proven to be a serious disappointment (extensively
discussed on this list
last year) so my primary disappointment al-round lies with Olympus.
They could have innovated
and taken the market by storm, but instead it's mediocrity all-round.

That's a pity.