[OM] IMG: Monarch with a Past

Subject: [OM] IMG: Monarch with a Past
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:31:47 -0400
Seems unlikely to make it to Mexico from Tennessee.

Chuck Norcutt

I think Chuck is correct that this generation is the one destined to
migrate to Mexico.

  We have some stragglers in New England in October so I thought it
might  be the next one.
I like the October ones, as late in the day they just sit on flowers in
the cold until warmed by the sun the next day.
They even wait for me to configure manual fill flash, use a tripod and
focusing rail.  My fave  type of Bfly--slow and cold.

I  too doubt Mexico will  be filed with the FAA as the destination on
this guy's flight plan.  Odd, I seem to recognize individual monarchs
and Tiger swallowtails that visit our back garden--some are easy--eg,
missing some scales or a tail.

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/maps/monarch_f10_peak.html

No  macro AF, or TTL fill flash, slow poke Mike