Re: [OM] ( OM ) DZ autofocus accuracy on two E-series bodies

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) DZ autofocus accuracy on two E-series bodies
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 22:41:52 -0400
Before going further try a different lens on the E-3 if you have one.
Sometimes there is an interaction between camera and lens.  It's
possible the E-3 will need to be calibrated with the DZ 14-54 installed.

I don't think the E-3 has the capability (check the manual) but the
Canon 5D Mk II and some other late model Canon bodies have the ability
to perform micro adjustments to focus for specific lenses and recall the
corrections for a particular lens to achieve best focus.

Incidentally, IIRC, Canon only promises that autofocus will place the
focus somewhere within the DoF for the lens and aperture in use.  I
don't know if Olympus makes those kinds of statements of not.

Chuck Norcutt