Re: [OM] Doing the splits

Subject: Re: [OM] Doing the splits
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:54:05 -0500
> Once again you guys are torturing me with talk of the OM-3Ti.  Prices
> just keep going up on this thing.  There are currently two in stock at
> KEH, and they are not cheap--about the price of an EX condition Leica
> MP!

I have no doubt, whatsoever, that the OM-3Ti is going to skyrocket in
price. I use mine, but am careful not to abuse it. If I'm in doubt
about whether or not it might get dinged up, I'll grab the OM-4T or
the OM-2S instead. If it was my only OM body, I wouldn't hesitate to
use it all the time, but since I have options, why risk it? Besides,
if it's really rough environs, I'll use the E-1. If I'm banging around
two cameras on my shoulder in an event shoot, it's not the OM-3Ti. But
if I'm going low-profile close-in with one camera and a short lens,
it's the OM-3Ti. The OM-4Ti, with MD2 and 35-80 zoom is the better
event-shoot setup as it gives much more flexibility and speed of
operation.

Seriously, if you are thinking "investment", you could do a whole lot
worse than the OM-3Ti. The fact it's highly usable in the meantime
only adds icing to the cake. A LNIB will be up to $8,000 - 10,000 USD
before you know it. (if it doesn't, please don't sue me--you risk your
own money, but it is one of the rarest late-model cameras from a major
manufacturer you'll ever find. This camea is in the rarified air of
some Leicas and the Nikon FM3a).

I repeat:  The OM-3Ti is the finest OM body ever made. Had I known
just how nice the camera is, I'd have skimped and saved and done
anything possible to get one when they first came out.  Is it 10x
better than an OM body at 1/10th the price? Maybe not, but you feel
like Superman when you are using it.

There!  Have I convinced you, yet?

AG