Re: [OM] Focus Accuracy Test - Oh what misery we bring upon ourselves

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Accuracy Test - Oh what misery we bring upon ourselves
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:11:49 -0500
Nope. Although I can--especially with usaf targets, It is difficult
enough that it isn't repeatable with other gear. Gear like the Canon
5D with a less than useful viewfinder. ;)

Therefore, let us redefine the test for DoF. I'm not going to bother
proving the focus test as I'm personally quite satisfied in my
abilities there. Any further effort on that 5 and 6 meter testing is a
waste of my time.

What I am interested in, however, is doing a DoF test that is repeable
by anybody here on this list with there own equipment. Since 5-6
meters is not realistic for some cameras, let's choose a distance
which is focusable. Probably 3 meters, but I'll let Chuck define the
distance as he will be the one building allthe DoF and diffraction
tables.

I am not going to start until this test is defined.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx