[OM] (OM) Sizing images for on-line forums

Subject: [OM] (OM) Sizing images for on-line forums
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:56:05 +1200
I forget the title of this thread about 5 days ago.

Anyway, I realised many months ago that to provide facebook etc with
images which did not require them to do any resizing, resulted in uploaded
images that stayed true to what was submitted.

For example, it used to be (I suspect the parameters have altered recently)
that the maximum width that facebook would allow before a facebook app
kicked in and reduced it, was 604 pixels. As a reminder I have that written
on my keyboard. The "Old Friends" site has a width of 580 pixels, and
TradeMe, 669 pixels.

Brian Swale.