Re: [OM] Images: Stormy Weather

Subject: Re: [OM] Images: Stormy Weather
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:02:49 -0500
Thanks for looking, Brian. As it turns out the clouds represent more
of a break in the stormy weather, or the approach of same.  5208 is
pointed straight north.  At the time, a storm was moving at me
directly from the east, which is very weird in this part of the globe.

I'm sorry anything about the images makes you feel like giving up!
What I have noticed about the equipment involved is that the E-410
seems to have a very weak AA filter.  The DZ 14-45 made for the 410
kit is a real floater but it's pretty sharp.  I don't feel any
particular drop-off in quality if I decide to take the 410 instead of
the E-3.  The lens is slow however and doesn't focus very close, both
of which occasionally frustrate me.

I have a FM plug-in for Photoshop called Intellisharpen.  I built an
action that I use to resize images for the web that incorporates a
very light sharpening using this plug-in.  It mainly rectifies the
softening that results from resizing.

Joel W.