Re: [OM] OT Da Weddin'

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Da Weddin'
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:15:57 -0700
  On 8/10/2010 8:53 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Well, does anybody actually know who Moose really is?

Not I.

> I love that cake!!!!

Yeah, I had to get good shots of it. What did you think of my treatment of the
very busy background? I managed to get
the front view with a largish woman in a dark dress behind it hiding most of
the the sun busy sun and shadow. The back
views were tougher.

> (Moose, the colorcast is a touch greenish in those pictures)

All, or just the cake? I'm not surprised at greenishness in at least some
images. The venue is in an odd place, an old,
slightly down at the heels agricultural area that was being converted to
housing tracts before the meltdown. As you
approach, you wonder what sere, sun blasted field it will be. Then you walk
into the grounds of what must have been the
home of those who originally owned lots of land, heavily treed and with lovely
gardens in and near that shade.

Lots of shots were by light filtered by leaves. Then, I'm very slightly
red-green colorblind, the lowest degree that can
be discerned in the expanded test. The shots with Ella in them should be good,
as I had her dress to provide a white
reference. As to the cake, who knows what color it really was, sitting as it
was in deep shade.

I should have broken out the WhiBal card, but this was primarily an event for
fun. There were official photogs, so I
just wandered and shot as the mood struck me.

Thanks,
   Moose