Re: [OM] [OT] - Advice wanted about 5D2

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] - Advice wanted about 5D2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 15:22:14 -0700
  Different strokes...

I'm sure I use P(rofessional) Mode for over half my shots, probably more than
that. I very seldom use M(oron) Mode other
than for MF lenses and panoramas. The rest are Av(ery nice for DOF) Mode. Well,
I'm sure I remember using Tv a couple of
times.

I don't ever use the green box, full auto, mode. Does that help me maintain my
status as "serious"?

I task myself to reset the camera to my defaults: P Mode, ISO 400, Daylight WB,
AF on, whenever it's not in immediate
use. That way, grab 'n shoot often gets something useful.

As I am usually working for the opposite of Dawid's shallow plane of focus,
I've be wondering if a 7D might not be a
better step for me than 5DII. The 15-85/3.5-5.6  (24-136 eq.) appears to be a
very fine lens for it.

Multi Mode Moose