Re: [OM] Panasonic G2

Subject: Re: [OM] Panasonic G2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 08:27:25 -0400
I hadn't read the G2 review on dpreview yet and got rather excited when
I read this: "Along with the G2 and G10, Panasonic has announced a new
kit lens - a lighter, larger, less rangy 14-42mm F3.5-5.6. It loses its
O.I.S image stabilization switch, passing control to the camera body."

I misinterpreted that sentence to mean that the body itself might have
an image stabilizing sensor.  Downloading and reviewing the user's
manual soon disabused me of that notion.  All it means is that the
control switch has been removed from that particular lens.

So where it the Olympus version of the Panny G2?

Chuck Norcutt