Re: [OM] OT - American railways

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - American railways
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 19:12:59 -0700
Four hours? lessee... two-hour advance check in recommended by TSA--most of
which is necessary due to a system of baloney "security checks"--for little
to no increased security on a flight that will typically take an hour
between any two even close points. Then there's waiting for a gate at
oversubscribed airports (because all the business folks want to fly at the
same time), retrieving baggage (that one paid a premium to carry) trundling
off to a rental car, etc. Sounds like a four hour minimum to me to fly just
LA to SF, for example. LA to NY in the four hour absolute maximum? Not
bloody likely.