Re: [OM] (OM) OT Dawn in Somerset (Guardian)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Dawn in Somerset (Guardian)
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:47:12 EDT
It is beautiful. As I viewed it I was glanced down at a post card I had
carried into the office with me this morning promoting the "Texas Hill Country
 Lavender Festival" which is occurring the first weekend in October in
Johnson  City (Home of Lyndon Baines Johnson.)  They are having an event with
Plein-Air painters painting Lavender Landscapes at the area lavender farms
and  then having an auction of the paintings at local Johnson City art
galleries.    This is not a photography event, although I am  tempted to go and
photograph the activities. If I could capture something as  spectacular as
this image, it would be a very successful event.

Opinions on image:

HDR?

Split/graduated neutral density filter?

Just a great "straight" shot done by a talented photographer at a magic
moment?

Bill Barber

In a message dated 7/26/2010 7:09:19 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>From  the Guardian newspaper

Frome in Zomerzet  :-)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/picture/2010/jul/23/lavender-dawn