Re: [OM] America 1939-1943

Subject: Re: [OM] America 1939-1943
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:49:24 -0700
On 7/26/2010 1:56 PM, Patrick Moore wrote:
> hi all,
>
> Thought these may be interesting to more than a few of you:
>
> http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2010/07/26/captured-america-in-color-from-1939-1943/
>
> The URL says it all, but I look forward to hearing what people think. It is
> quite fantastic seeing sthe colours where normally we'd only be feeling the
> textures.
>
> paddy

More than interesting.  Some of those place I have really been to.  Like
Caribou, Maine, Cascade, Idaho and Emmet, Idaho.  Just showed my wife
the one of the hill going up out of Emmet, Idaho and she remembered the
only time she was there.  Had to answer the call of nature at the top of
the hill behind a sign. LOL  I spent 4 years at an Air Force Base about
8 miles from Caribou.  Even moonlighted on a potatoe harvester on a farm
one year.  One thing that I found interesting, in Maine they put the
potatoes into barrels to haul from the field.  In Idaho, we put them
into gunney sacks.  Them are burlap bags to the unwashed. LOL
Paul in Portland OR