Re: [OM] it's baaaaaack

Subject: Re: [OM] it's baaaaaack
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:40:00 -0500
Well, things were settling down pretty good, until about five minutes
ago when we had another cable break... Oh, well....

The lake is no more, the earthern portions of that Delhi dam are no
more.  30 Foot gap???  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.  That's 30 foot vertical.  The
entire gap is much, much wider.  Hmm. Our estimates (we have broken
cables hanging in the water) are about 150 foot wide and 30 foot deep.
That's a LOT of cubic yards (cubic meters) of dirt that disappeared.
Fortunately, the lake really wasn't that large. Also, it is fortunate
that the dam gave away rather slowly so no wall of water went flowing
downstream like in "Evan Almighty". Still, it was an expensive day for
our company.

AG