Re: [OM] Breakfast time

Subject: Re: [OM] Breakfast time
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 11:38:25 -0400
 From Wikipedia on the Eastern Gray Squirrel
"A prolific and adaptable species, the eastern gray squirrel has been
introduced to, and thrives, in several regions of the western United
States. It has also been introduced to Britain, where it has spread
across the country and has largely displaced the native Red Squirrel,
Sciurus vulgaris. In Ireland, the red squirrel has been displaced in
several eastern counties, though it still remains common in the south
and west of the country.[3] There are concerns that such displacement
might happen in Italy and that Grey squirrels might spread from Italy to
other parts of mainland Europe.[4]"

I caught my 6th chipmunk of the year this morning and relocated the
little bugger a couple of miles away (probably not far enough to keep
him from finding his way back).  I wouldn't mind them except that they
like to dig their burrows under the stone walls that surround the raised
ground level that supports my large, stamped concrete patio.  Two years
ago I had to pay a lot of money to repair the walls after the burrows
collapsed and the corner formed by two walls followed into the holes.
Cute as they are they are no longer welcome here.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt