Re: [OM] Shooting Film?

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting Film?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:50:19 +0100
All of those , Chris, and as usual thanks to Tom for an interesting
collection of impressions.

Piers

PS Chuck and Tom have already responded, but to add my two-pennorth I think
of the language group as Finno-Ugric, including Finnish Hungarian and
Estonian, none of which are even Indo-European (precursor of Germanic,
Romance and Hellenic amongst others). I had thought it was linked to the
language of the Mongol horde, but from Chuck's link that appears to be
incorrect. But such a spread of languages across the Uralic group seems to
me to be perfectly possible, given the spread of the dishes named paella in
Spain, pilaf in English, plov in Central Asia, pulav in Hindi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilaf

PPS that should be "norsk", Chris, but what are Norwegians doing in the RAF?