[OM] When Digital...

Subject: [OM] When Digital...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:57:24 -0500
My wife "hired" me to photograph her for book. I was actually planning
on outsourcing that task, but she was pretty specific about what she
wanted. Not only that, but she specified which camera I was to use.

So, out came the E1, but I got to select the lenses. I used the 50
f1.4 as well as the 300 f4.5. It was an outdoor shoot at the college
and my VALS controlled a T45 flash pointed into a LiteDome XTC. (voice
actuated light stand).

240 pictures later the 92 degree heat finally kicked in and no amount
of makeup was going to hide the shine.

I've been able to look at a few shots and am pretty pleased, overall.
I blew focus a few too many times, but I know there are plenty of
keepers to choose from.

So, what about digital? The E1 really handles highlights so well and
the color and contrast just works. Completely natural blending between
the ambient light and the flash. Trust me, the L1 doesn't do that. I
really wanted and planned on shooting some film, but the time
constraints ruled against that.

AG

--
Ken Norton