Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Beef and BBQs

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Beef and BBQs
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:37:35 -0400
No such association of red meat and colon cancer is found in Japan.
However, the Japanese eat only about 1/3 the amount of red meat as is
typically consumed in the US and Europe.  Plus, in the Japanese
population, there is an inverse association between colon cancer and
relatively higher consumption of polyunsaturated fatty acids (means
eating more fish may be protective).  YMMV.

BBQ?  In the southern US BBQ means very, very slow cooking under the low
heat of wood fire embers.  For most everybody else I think it means
rapid cooking by grilling under high head.

Chuck Norcutt