Re: [OM] IMG: Rose of Sharon

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Rose of Sharon
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:02:36 -0500
Chuck,

What we have done in past years is to put a few drops of hand soap in a
coffee can and fill it half full with warm water, making a sudsy emulsion.
Then we pick off the beetles and toss them in the suds, which entraps them.
After working all of the altheas and Virginia creeper areas, we dump then in
a toilet, make a rough count, and consign them to the sewer system.  We have
captured 50-60 at a time this way, and it does serve to thin them out.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA