[OM] Nathan's PAW 25: Hogueras and World Cup

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAW 25: Hogueras and World Cup
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 04:02:38 +1200
Very enjoyable insight.  I liked it as always.

So many people !!!

I always have a feeling of amazement that these large gatherings in this part
of Spain, with so much alcohol, seem to be so good natured and friendly.

Here, there'd always be somebody spoiling things with violence, and here,
alcohol always seems to cause problems especially with young people ( of
both genders) drinking far too much and getting hopelessly drunk.  We have
too many young people here (males especially) dying due to excessive
alcohol poisoning their bodies in one session of drinking.

We also have bans on wood fires in the open (anti-air pollution legislation,
and young people doing stupid things), and limitations on fireworks ( same
reason - stupidity).

If there was such a gathering here, on a regular basis, for sure the local
authority would impose a ban on consumption of alcohol in the open - in a
public place.

Brian Swale.