Re: [OM] new toys, and an image.

Subject: Re: [OM] new toys, and an image.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:33:30 -0700
  On 7/2/2010 2:40 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> Thanks.  It is an odd thing, and I agree with Moose than it does look
>> somewhat contrived, but so long as it adds something to it, rather than
>> takes it away It's not a bad thing.
> Argh!  Now I'm being confused with Moose.  Oh, the humanity!!!!!

Just a typo, don't take it TOO seriously. :-)

As an aside, I believe it's possible to add grain that looks very natural. The
Grain Filter in PS has a Gaussian option
and some adjustability. One may go further by scanning a blank portion of the
film the grain of which one wishes to
emulate, then add it as a layer in an image editor.

Either approach generally works better if applied at full size, before the
image is resized for print/web. Get it
looking right at original size, then when downsized, it will look like images
with inherent grain that have been
similarly downsized.

Personally, I'm not generally a fan of grain. There are times when it works for
me, but they are far fewer than the
times it doesn't.

Moose