Re: [OM] More iPad: Filterstorm

Subject: Re: [OM] More iPad: Filterstorm
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:43:43 -0500
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joel, instead of using Dropbox, could you just use ReaddleDocs to move
> files on and off a webdav drive?

Filterstorm works with the indigenous iPad app, "Photos".  After
importing to Photos, Filterstorm can fetch them from there and save
them back to the "saved" folder.  Then, either Readledocs or Dropbox
can fetch them.  Rdocs is actually a little better because it can
create folders within iPad-land.

The reason why I used Dropbox is that it can turn the folder I save
the photos to into a web gallery.  I felt as though one might use the
iPad on the road to share photos quickly in this way.  In fairness,
Rdocs can move a photo to a "gallery" but I haven't figured out yet
where this goes or whether it can be shared.

For now, Filterstorm is kind of fun.  Ultimately, I suspect it is more
fun than truly useful.  The thing I find fun is the way it uses the
touchscreen and brushes to accomplish much of what one might do with
layers in PS.

Joel W.